Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Catching Up and Kicking Out

It’s been several weeks since I made a posting about Bible Released Time. We didn’t have class for three weeks in a row and that threw me out of kilter. First, my chronic back problem put me on the floor and out of commission, then we celebrated Easter, and then I was out of town. We’ve been back in the saddle but not without incidence.

We did have the pizza party for the class. Wicked Pizza. At the end, four of the boys thought it would be cute to sneak out the back door; they returned but then 3 of the 4 thought it would doubly cute to hide when the bus came. A sad state of their hearts to express their gratitude with abject disobedience.

I would have left them but by time I called the school to have security take care of it, they ran out. As I sat in class, a bit angry, the three versus that came to mind were

Proverbs 29:18
Matthew 7:6
Matthew 10:14

Needless to say, they have been removed from class. I will talk more about this in a future post; but, for now, will say that we have seen greater interest in the word and perhaps even the hints of spiritual fruit among those remaining in the class. Amen!

No comments: