Sunday, May 11, 2008

Task Force Returns Call

For the record, the Fayette County Drug Task Force has attempted to return my call on two occasions at the end of last week. They don't leave return numbers.

At the same time, I had the opportunity to address drug use with the Bible Released Time class on Friday morning. One of the students in the class is one of the juveniles mentioned below. I gave the class five names and asked them what they had in common. Most of the student new exactly the answer I was after.

The names I gave them were Bible Released Time students over the last five years who were or are now drug dealers. I know at least four of the five have spent time in jail; one of the five was killed in drug related activity and one is currently being held by the U.S. Marshal Service (see Alumni posts).

The students were not very interested in talking about this; I suspect I broke some street code. We discussed how it is their responsibility to confront sin.

The very same day, one of the students in class was caught smoking dope on his porch.

No comments: